Tennis Valdosta Community Tennis Association (CTA) is an organized group of dedicated volunteers and professionals who come together to support community tennis programs. As an association, the group works to coordinate and maintain programs and services and guarantees they are open and accessible to all. These tennis enthusiasts act as advocates, program administrators, promoters, or fund-raisers. Fueled by local volunteers, this not-for-profit association exists to promote and develop the game of tennis in the community.
The purpose of Tennis Valdosta
- Create, develop, maintain, and promote tennis within the region served.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with other like tennis organizations for the good of the sport in Georgia, the Southern Section of the USTA, and within the USTA.
- Assist in increasing participation in all tennis programs.
- Promote awareness of tennis programs, events, and activities within the area served.
- Support the Valdosta-Lowndes County Parks and Recreation Authority tennis pro withtennis programs, leagues, and tournaments.
- Volunteer time, talent, and services to the City Tennis Programs as needed (captains,coordinators, Tennis Valdosta board members, clinic organizers, social organizers,Junior team captains, umpires, referees, and promoters of the game of tennis)